- To modernise payment transaction process to deliver competitive advantage
- To allow real-time transaction monitoring from head office and by store managers
The Ingenico Solution
- Ingenico’s AXIS electronic payment solution delivered real-time visibility of business critical transaction data, while providing a secure, futureproofed terminal infrastructure in more than 500 retail stores across the globe
- An outsourced operation managed by Ingenico offering a secure solution
- The AXIS software suite applications library means bank cards, branded cards and gift cards can all by processed while offering Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Store managers and head office can monitor and analyze electronic transactions in real time
Sephora is the leading retail beauty chain in Europe. It has a strong presence in North America and is expanding into Asia. The chain has over 500 retail outlets across the world
Sephora needed to move to a centralised electronic payment system, via an IP network, that was more tailored to modern business. The solution needed to be compliant with the EMV standards. It would have to reduce costs, ensure significant productivity gains and deliver competitive advantage for the business. Ingenico’s centralized AXIS electronic payment transaction processing solution was selected, comprising a range of secure terminals for its retail outlets, the AXIS software suite and facility management.
The AXIS solution was rolled out over three months to 196 stores and on over 800 POS. Three central servers, over two hosting sites, provide a completely secure solution that is totally outsourced to Ingenico.
The AXIS software suite applications library means that bank and branded cards as well as gift cards can be processed, while offering DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) and allowing the managers of each store (and at the head office) to monitor and analyze electronic transactions in real time.
All the points that we set ourselves – i.e. achieving a technical solution that meets our requirements, which from a financial perspective optimises transactions with our bankers, and from a security perspective meets our expectations – meant that the AXIS centralised solution was the logical choice.”
, IT Director and CIO Europe of Sephora.