Providing a transaction management system to take sustainable transport to European cities
About JC Decaux
Gérard DEGONSE, co-Chief Executive, JC Decaux
Our partnership with Ingenico has enabled us to secure and accelerate the payment process, to launch a sustainable transport option in cities across Europe."
JC Decaux is Europe’s largest out-of-home advertising company and the second largest in the world. They are the world leader in self-service bicycle hire.
Roll out an unattended bicycle rental scheme in major cities across Europe. The payment solution had to streamline transactions from all docking stations (2000+) and the internet.
JC Decaux consulted Ingenico to roll out a centralised unattended payment solution, first in France and then across Europe.
Ingenico interfaced the Axis transaction management system
into the self-service docking stations.
It centralises transactions from rental points and the internet.
Its cross-border facility allows JC Decaux to connect directly with the acquiring bank across Europe.
It provides online reporting tools through a customisable E-portal, giving a visibility of transaction data at multiple levels.
Ingenico’s unattended terminals ensure a user-friendly, secure service for customers
Through close collaboration with Ingenico, JC Decaux and its customers now benefit from:
- Speed: a total self-service experience with no retailer assistance required
- Security: Chip and PIN payments protect against fraud and give piece of mind
- Centralisation of transactions from 2000+ docking stations and the internet
- Visibility: of European POS fleet transaction data through a customisable E-Portal
- Optimal costs: and industrial-scale roll-out and operating process
Ingenico and JC Decaux are now working together to bring the Axis transaction management solution to local authorities worldwide.