Offer value-added services directly at check-in and streamline European transactions.
A global partner for Air France: iPA280 mobile Payment-PDAs
, the Axis cross-border transaction management solution and i9500
durable unattended terminals.
Improved efficiency with on-demand, personalized services for customers, centralised pan European transactions.
About Air France
Air France KLM is Europe’s largest air transport group, consisting of a holding and two airlines. It carries 73.5 million passengers to 225 destinations and operates a fleet of 565 aircraft. Air France is leading the industry by offering value-added services directly at check-in counters across Europe.
Nadine NORTIER, Credit Manager, Air France KLM Group
Air France KLM is proud to offer faster, new, personalized services directly at check-in thanks to mobile payment PDAs and crossborder, secure transaction management. Ingenico has proven to be a global partner we can trust ".
Air France was looking to offer extra services such as paying for excess baggage, specific on-board meals and seat allocation, directly at manned and self-service check-in desks at their main bases across Europe. The challenge was to equip check-in desks with mobile, “all-in-one”, rugged payment devices and find a cross-border payment solution to streamline payments from pan European bases. Air France naturally turned to a partner with a global infrastructure: Ingenico.
An Ingenico global solution
To meet these challenges, Ingenico provided mobile iPA280 Payment-PDAs for use by on-board ticket officers and i9500 unattended terminals for self-service ticket kiosks, all interfaced with the Axis transaction management system.
The “all-in-one” compact, mobile and durable iPA280 Payment-PDA
It allows a truly personalized, fast service, giving instant access to online or connected applications alongside fully dynamic payment capabilities. Equipped with an in-built printer, it has extensive communication options including GPRS/Edge, WiFi, Bluetooth and is fully PCI PED 2.0 and EMV certified.
The iPA280 allows Air France to :
- Offer check-in staff an all-in-one, lightweight, rugged payment device
- Provide a host of new value-added services directly at check-in
- Accept all payment types including VISA, MCI, AMEX, etc.
- Thanks to GPRS connectivity, ensure a 24/7, 100% secure, ‘always-on’ service
Axis is unique in its :
- Reach: pan European with the ability to operate globally
- Multi-channel transaction management: streamlining all payments and hosted by Ingenico in secure data centres
- Security: end-to-end secure transactions compliant with PCI DSS regulations
- Centralized administration: extensive customisable online tools at multiple levels
- Communications: Ingenico SIM cards and GPRS connectivity offer cross-border routing across global networks
Nomadvance, a leading systems integrator in France, rolled out Ingenico’s mobile iPA280 Payment-PDA solution. They assured the preparation, master data management, configuration, testing and deployment of the PDAs. Partners since 2002, Nomadvance provides Air France with auto-ID and mobile solutions with on site repair and maintenance services.
1. For Air France customers: convenient, fast and personalized services directly at check-in ensuring:
- Access to multiple services with real-time payment directly at check-in
- A fast, simple and secure payment procedure
2. For Air France itself:
- Providing an on-demand, personalized service for customers
- Improved overall efficiency with mobile, “allin-one” Payment-PDAs for check-in staff
- The centralisation of payment services across Europe, managed by a single, global partner